Aims & Objectives
The aims of the Project are:
- To enhance student learning experience in the partner countries (PC) in accordance with the ET 2020 objectives by promoting development and innovation in teaching & learning (T&L), supporting integration of technology and research, and dissemination of good practice.
- To modernize HE in AM, GE and BY in line with the Bologna agenda and to establish cooperation in education & training between EU and the partner countries and amongst PCs by promoting virtual mobility of teachers and students, and enhancing lifelong learning resources & means.
These aims will be achieved through completion of the following specific objectives:
- To strengthen Teaching Staff Development Centres (TSDC) in the PC HEIs by enhancing capacities of staff and trainers, modernizing infrastructure and introducing innovative teacher training and academic leadership programmes.
- To build up capacities of the partner HEIs’ teaching staff by developing their innovative and technology-enhanced T&L skills and abilities of competency- and research-based teaching.
- To establish a Virtual Academy of Teaching & Learning (VATL) as an international community of teachers, staff and students interested in using and sharing Open Educational Resources (OER) for the improvement of technology-enhanced T&L.
- To promote greater awareness on the types and methods of innovative and technology-enhanced T&L and to disseminate best practices within and between HEIs in the PCs.
About 30 staff & 100 trainers will be trained on innovative T&L methods and ICT-based interactive and e-learning technologies for TSDCs. 28 technology-enhanced teacher training (TET) classrooms, 9 multimedia content building studios, other e-learning facilities and 5 new TET courses will be set up in PC HEIs.
The project places a strong emphasis on the capacity building of a wide cohort of teaching staff in PC HEIs by utilizing a multiplier effect via “train the trainer” initiative. The trained trainers will adapt & deliver newly developed TET courses to over 530 university teachers.
The project will provide PCs' HE communities with an interactive professional communication, mutual learning and virtual mobility platform & Open Educational Resources - the VATL, to promote innovative T&L practices and continuous development of teaching staff.
As a result of the project implementation 6 virtual VATL’s communities of teaching practice around particular teaching approaches & disciplinary groups, an annual virtual forum on innovative T&L, as well as internal institutional incentives will be established to promote awareness on innovative pedagogy and excellence in T&L.